Sunday, August 5, 2012

picture post!

Yet another post that begins with a lament about how long it has been since my last post! It has been 3 months since I moved to CLE and I am still not settled! A few days ago I moved to my new apartment. It is a lovely two bedroom apartment/duplex in the Cedar-Fairmount area, and I will be joined in a few weeks by my new roommate! I am super excited to make this place home and cozy it up with handmade touches.

Even though I haven't updated the blog, I always do keep an eye out for things I want to update about! Usually I'll take a pic on my iphone so I can keep the memory. Since I've been slacking on the updates, I'll post one big update with all the pictures!

Shortly after I moved to CLE, I decided my new apartment needed a cat. I went on craigslist as I have always done and searched for if anyone needed help with fostering their cat. A perfect opportunity came up. Tango's dad had just gotten deployed overseas and Tango needed a new home until his dad came home! This is the first picture of him. He is the sweetest, cutest, most adorable cat I have ever taken care of. I have never wanted to keep a cat, until him! My facebook updates constant contain pictures of him, doing something funny, or just being the adorable self that he is.




Early June, I went up to Traverse City to celebrate Becca and Evan's wedding! It was an awesome party and I got to see some of my favorite people!

Here's the boy I love <3 and here's the girl I love <3

Went to a restaurant down the street on Coventry called High Thai'd. Veggie spring rolls and noodle soup. Noodle soup is my ultimate comfort food. This wasn't the best I've had but it satisfied the craving for the time being.

It was my birthday so I went to Detroit to celebrate! No one remembered tho ;( It's ok, still had a good time ;p Tien took me out for an un-birthday lunch and dinner! Lunch was at Mudgie's where I had my signature sandwich and dinner was at Woodbridge with the boys :)


 

Hooray I got a piece of paper! Add that to my paper collection.... ;D

 

I frequented Phoenix Cafe in Coventry, quite frequently. Their coffee, lattes, and chai are quite good. Can't say the same about their bubble tea tho :( It's a nice study environment although sometimes people watching the interesting characters who come to Coventry can be a bit distracting..

 

It was the weekend again! So off to Detroit :) We made taco/quesadilla things. The first time around we didn't realize the tortillas were raw, bit into them only to taste raw doughiness. Then we fried up the tortillas and they were delicious ;D

 

 

Had it again for breakfast. Just as awesome!

 

I brought Tango for a visit as well. He mewed all the way there in the car, poor baby! Unfortunately, Cecil didn't take to having a stranger around. The first night she swat at Tango with her razor sharp claws so that got them off to a bad start. By the end of the weekend, they were content with grumbling while staring at each other. So cute!

 

It was also Priyanka and Matt's wedding that weekend! Saw some wonderful people and had a great party :)

 

 

Beautiful bride and such a beautiful ceremony! They had a combined western and indian ceremony and tied the whole thing together so well. It was so moving :')

 

Last time to see these awesome people in a while!

 

Mudgie's again, with Lenie and Ken :)



Oh I finally figured out how to use my flat iron to make dramatic looks like this ;)

 

Patches here needed a sitter for the weekend. She wasn't happy about not being at home though :(

 

This is Smoochy on the left, and Hippity on the right. What a lovely odd couple they are :)

 

My attempt to recreate my Mudgie's special. It was awesome!! Ingredients: sour dough bread, pesto, roasted red peppers, avocado (or sub guac), smoked gouda, mixed greens. So amazing!

 

This is how Tango sleeps! How adorable! (Can you tell this post is getting too long? I don't want to type anymore lol)

 

My car got towed. It wasn't all my fault. The tow lot was literally half a mile away. We walked to it to get my car back. Could have bought a PS3 with how much we had to pay them. It sucked! :(

 

Some delicious new drink from starbucks, for free!

 

Tango likes playing with/eating spinach leaves apparently...

 

Kabobs at Olivia's! Since I just moved (yes, again) we are now neighbors!

 

Ok that is all the energy I have for typing for now. Yes, as I just mentioned I have moved yet again. It is a huge pain in the ass and I'm still getting settled in. More details and pictures once I have decorated :)

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment